Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

This morning I went to church for the children's Mass which was amazing.  I've never been to one before and it was really endearing to see everyone attentive, reverent and under four feet tall.

Have you ever felt pure joy of heart?  I was thinking about this during Mass for several reasons.  When I am really focused and feeling the Lord's presence then I definitely feel pure joy.  But it is not something that lasts for long periods of time for me.  I am not an unhappy person--by all means I am very content with my life.  I am very blessed and sometimes that makes me scared.  When will the bad things come?  Anyway, I digress...  Content is not a bad word, it should be something that everyone strives to achieve.  I have everything that I could possibly need and the things that I want I pray for so I'm waiting (thank you to J.C. and his Mother and Father for lending an ear).

The church was packed with children and during the singing of the Lord's Prayer I could just hear all of the children's voices raised in unison and it flooded my heart with joy bringing
 tears to my eyes.  I don't remember the last time I felt it so strongly but I would love to feel it again... anytime... now...  I hope you experience these things as I gain strength and understanding from them.  During the song I looked around at the adults around me and I wondered if they too felt it.  I didn't want to prayer to end.

You can label me as sappy, that's okay I won't be offended.

No comments: